ARCHITECTURE AND MODERN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
INTERNATIONAL ELECTRONIC SCIENTIFIC - EDUCATIONAL JOURNAL ON SCIENTIFIC-TECHNOLOGICAL AND EDUCATIONAL-METHODICAL ASPECTS OF MODERN ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION AND DESIGNING WITH THE USAGE OF VIDEO AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES
||INHABITED ENVIRONMENT FORMATION FEATURES OF THE LOWER
Moscow Institute of Architecture (State academy), Moscow, Russia
This article is devoted to the steps of Lower Volga Region culture. First tribes arrived 5 thousand
years ago in the Astrakhan region. It’s geographic position, neighborhood of the River Volga and
Caspian Sea were very suitable for people, that’s why there was created big trade crossing here.
Volga Region steppes were very popular place for nomad tribes living until the XVI century.
Scythian, Sarmatians (Savromat), Huns, Khazars, Tatar-Mongols lived here. In 1556 Astrakhan
was conquered by Russia. But architectural features of all tribes were saved for many centuries.
Nomad tribes were created the best accommodations for hot dry climate of south steppes. Some
such features were used till XX century. It is very important to learn vernacular dwelling houses of
these tribes to understand forming principles of Astrakhan Region, that helps to create comfortable
||courtyard, dwelling, yurt, nomad tribe, dugout, framework, wattle and daub house
- Avilova L.I. Drevnejshaja istorija dorog i transporta po dannym arheologii [The oldest history of
roads and transport according to archeology data]. Moscow, 2006.
- Gunny, goty i sarmaty mezhdu Volgoj i Dunaem [Huns, Goth and sarmatians between the
River Volga and Dunay]. Philology and art department, Saint-Petersburg, 2009.
- Ivyanskaya I.S. Mir zhilishha. Arhitektura. Dizajn. Stroitel'stvo. Istorija. Tradicii. Tendencii [The
world of dwelling. Architecture. Design. Building. History. Traditions. Tendencies]. Moscow,
- Kestler A. Trinadcatoe koleno. Krushenie imperii hazar i ee nasledie [Thirteen knee. Collapse
of the Khazars Empire and it’s heritage]. Moscow, 2001.
- Markov A.S., Lvov S.G. Astrahan' na starinnyh otkrytkah [Astrakhan at the ancient postcards].
- Mizun Y.G. Hany i knjaz'ja. Zolotaja Orda i russkie knjazhestva [Khans and Princes. Golden
Horde and Russian principalities]. Moscow, 2000.
- Nikitin V.P. Astrahan' i ee okrestnosti [Astrakhan and its neighborhood]. Moscow, 1981.
- Novoseltsev A.P. Hazarskoe gosudarstvo i ego rol' v istorii Vostochnoj Evropy i Kavkaza
[Khazars Empire and its part in East Europe and Caucasus history]. Moscow, 1990.
- Maenhen-Genfel O. J. Mir gunnov. Issledovanija ih istorii i kul'tury [The world of Huns. Its
history and culture research]. Princeton, 1970.
- Rybushkin M. Zapiski ob Astrahani [Notes about Astrakhan]. Astrakhan, 2008.
- Pletneva S.A. Hazari [Khazars]. Moscow, 1976.
- Skify: stroiteli stepnyh piramid. Zagadki drevnih civilizacij [Scythians: builders of the steppe
pyramids. Ancient civilizations secret]. Moscow, 2004.
- Timofeeva E.G. and others. Krepost'. Puteshestvie v Kaspijskuju stolicu [Fortress. Trip to the
Caspian capital]. Astrakhan, 2009.
- Ushakov N.M. and others. Priroda i istorija Astrahanskogo kraja [Nature and history of the
Astrakhan region]. Astrakhan Teachers Institute publishing office, Astrakhan, 1996.