ARCHITECTURE AND MODERN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
INTERNATIONAL ELECTRONIC SCIENTIFIC - EDUCATIONAL JOURNAL ON SCIENTIFIC-TECHNOLOGICAL AND EDUCATIONAL-METHODICAL ASPECTS OF MODERN ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION AND DESIGNING WITH THE USAGE OF VIDEO AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES
||PROFESSIONAL SELF-APPRAISAL OF SOVIET ARCHITECTS IN THE PERIOD OF TRANSITION (THE FIRST HALF OF THE 1950S)
||Y. Kosenkova, Branch of "TSNIIP Ministry of Construction of Russia" Scientific Research Institute of Theory and History of Architecture and Urban Planning, Moscow, Russia
||The article analyzes the condition of the architectural and urban planning ideas in the first half of the 1950s, just before the official "reorientation of creative direction of Soviet architecture" in the middle and the end of the decade. The study reveals the nature of the appraisals of cities development that were given in the course of summing up the post-war reconstruction of the country. The author points out the duality of such assessments coming from the architects themselves, as well as from the government. The article shows the evolution of the discourse of the Soviet city and the gradual filling of the old rhetorical forms with new content, which was motivated by transition of architecture to an industrial basis.
|| history of Soviet architecture, Soviet urban planning, architectural ensemble, theory of the city, architectural criticism, architects self-appraisal
- Shkvarikov V. Neustanno povyshat' kachestvo zastrojki gorodov [Tirelessly improve the quality of urban development. Magazine “Architecture of the USSR”]. 1952, no. 3, pp. 4-12.
- Korzhihina T.P. Istorija i sovremennaja organizacija gosudarstvennyh uchrezhdenij SSSR [History and modern organization of the state institutions of the USSR. 1917-1972]. Moscow, 1974.
- Zinchenko I. Novoe v stroitel'stve Dnepropetrovska [New construction in Dnepropetrovsk. Magazine “Architecture of the USSR”]. 1953, no. II, pp. 35-38.
- Dudin M., Vladimirov B. Nasushhnye voprosy stroitel'stva Magnitogorska [Current Issues in the construction of Magnitogorsk. Magazine “Architecture and Construction”]. 1950, no. 3, pp. 8-9.
- Shkvarikov V. Bor'ba za kachestvo stroitel'stva i zadachi organov. po delam arhitektury [The fight for the quality of construction and the problem for architecture. Magazine “Architecture and Construction”]. 1948, no. 10, pp. 1-4.
- Na sobranii aktiva moskovskih arhitektorov [At a meeting of the asset of Moscow Architects. Magazine “Architecture and Construction”]. 1948, no. 4, pp.13-16.
- Kolli N. Stalinskie idei gradostroitel'stva [Stalin's idea of urban development. Magazine “Architecture and Construction”]. 1940, no. 1, pp. 8-10.
- Sokolov V., Shavyrin B. Brjansk. Istoriko-jekonomicheskij ocherk [The historical and economic essay]. Brjansk, 1952, P. 87.
- Konstantinov V. Pod stil' pamjatnikov stariny [Under the style of ancient monuments. The newspaper “Pravda”]. 1950, January, 5, P. 3.
- Kuznecov A. Tvorcheskie itogi vosstanovlenija gorodov RSFSR [The creative results of urban regeneration of the RSFSR. Magazine “Architecture of the USSR”]. 1953, no. 6, pp. 1-13.
- Iofan B. Povyshat' idejnyj uroven' i masterstvo sovetskih zodchih [Enhance ideological level and skill of the Soviet architects. The newspaper “Pravda Vostoka”]. 1951, November, 28, P. 2.
- Georgievskij M. Stroitel'stvo v Tashkente [Construction in Tashkent. Magazine “Architecture of the USSR”]. 1954, no. 6, pp. 43-45.
- Basenov T.K. Voprosy planirovki i zastrojki centra Alma-Aty [Questions planning and construction of the center of Almaty. Magazine “Problems of Soviet urban planning”]. Issue 5, 1955, pp. 83-85.
- Tvorcheskie voprosy proektirovanija magistralej Moskvy [Creative design issues highways Moscow. Magazine “Architecture and Construction in Moscow”]. 1954, no. 4, pp. 21-22.