ARCHITECTURE AND MODERN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
INTERNATIONAL ELECTRONIC SCIENTIFIC - EDUCATIONAL JOURNAL ON SCIENTIFIC-TECHNOLOGICAL AND EDUCATIONAL-METHODICAL ASPECTS OF MODERN ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION AND DESIGNING WITH THE USAGE OF VIDEO AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES
||MICROSPACES OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT
||A.V. Krasheninnikov, Moscow Institute of Architecture (State Academy), Moscow, Russia
||The article continues a series of publications on the subject "Fundamentals of Cognitive Urbanism." Cognitive urbanism is a new direction that systemizes ideas about public space. Cognitive interpretation of socio-cultural and spatial context of human behavior in the urban environment allows you to correct urban design solutions, land-use planning, planning structure of settlements. Different studies of social space and public space making it difficult to systematize knowledge and hinders innovative solutions. This article offers the models of micro- spaces – the hybrids of cognitive frames and spatial patterns in public space of the city.
An important feature of the public space as a design object is an idea of the scale of the event and real physical dimensions of space. In micro-scale number of people in immediate proximity and distance between people in a group is an indicator of certain type of Cognitive status or “environmental behavior”. This Cognitive status is classified with the Diagram of Environmental Behavior. As a result nine Base models of micro-space were identified.
The reported study was partially supported by RFBR, research project No. 13-00-00001a.
||urbanism, public space, Diagram of spatial behavior, micro-space
- Golovin. S.Yu. Dictionary of Practical Psychology. Minsk, 1998. Available at: http://vocabulary.ru/dictionary/25
- Kartashova K.K. Social'naja aktivnost' v gorodskoj srede [Social activity in an urban environment. Book of abstracts of the international scientific-practical conference]. Moscow, MARHI, 2013.
- Krasheninnikov A.V. Aprobacija diagrammy sredovogo povedenija [Approbation chart sredovye behavior. Book of articles of the international scientific-practical conference]. Moscow, 2013, pp. 264-268.
- Krasheninnikov A.V. Zhilye kvartaly [Residential areas]. Moscow, 1988, 87p.
- Krasheninnikov A.V. Social'no-prostranstvennaja struktura peshehodnogo pro-stranstva [Socio-spatial structure of the pedestrian space]. Available at: http://marhi.ru/AMIT/2012/4kvart12/krasheninnikov/abstract.php
- Provkina M.V., Sibgatulina N.R., Pereslegina A.V. Issledovanie osvoenija gorodskih prostranstv: teatral'nye ploshhadi Moskvy [Investigation of the development of urban spaces: Moscow theater area. Book of abstracts of the International scientific-practical conference]. Moscow, MARHI, 2013.
- Shirokova L.A. Socio-kul'turnyj potencial mesta [Socio-cultural potential of the place. Book of abstracts of the international scientific-practical conference]. Moscow, MARHI, 2013.
- Bourdieu, P. Physical and social space // Sociology of social space. Moscow: Institute of Experimental Sociology; St. Petersburg marshmallow, 2007, (Rus), pp. 49-64.
- David Grahame Shane Recombinant Urbanism: Conceptual Modeling in Architecture, Urban Design and City Theory, 2005, 250 p.
- Filippov A. Elementary sociology space. Sociological journal, 1995, no. 1, (Rus), pp. 45-69.
- Porteus D. Environment and Behavior: Planning and Everyday Urban Life. Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1977, 460 p.
- Speck J. Walkable City: How Downtown Can Save America, One Step at a Time: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2012, 320 p.