ARCHITECTURE AND MODERN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
INTERNATIONAL ELECTRONIC SCIENTIFIC - EDUCATIONAL JOURNAL ON SCIENTIFIC-TECHNOLOGICAL AND EDUCATIONAL-METHODICAL ASPECTS OF MODERN ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION AND DESIGNING WITH THE USAGE OF VIDEO AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES
||PALACES OF THE SHEKI TOWN
||S. Hajiyeva, Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction, Baku, Azerbaijan
Residential and palace buildings of the Sheki are of special interest among variety of architectural
monuments. It is nesessary to note that town’s peculiare appearance was formed exactly thanks to
unique architecture of the houses. Natural and climatic features and usage of the local building
materials have determined the traditional architectural type of the Sheki houses. House of
Shekikhanovs and the Palace of Sheki khans in the Historical- Architectural Preserve “Yukhary
Bash”- “The upper zone” are subject to be mentioned as mostly developped examples of the
traditional Sheki houses with placement of the rooms along with eyvan axes and with rich
decorations. Investigated palaces are also of special importance thanks to their rich decorations.
Architectural planning and decorative peculiarities of two above mentioned palaces of Sheki as
well as analyses of the present condition of the monuments are under investigation in the given
||architectural monument, palace buildings, Shehikhaniv’s House, Palace of the Sheki
khans, heritage preservation
- Alizade G.M. Narodnoe zodchestvo Azerbaijdzhana I ego progressivnye tradicii [Folk
architecture of Azerbaijan and its progresive traditions]. Baku, Publisher of National Academy
of Science of AzSSR (NASAzSSR), 1963, 68 p.
- Bretanitskiy L.S. Arhitektura Azerbajdzhana (ocherki) [Architecture of Azerbaijan (sketches)].
Baku, 1952, pp. 337-467.
- Bretanitskiy L.S., Datiyev S.I., Elkin G. Arhitektura zhilogo doma Nukhi XVIII-XIX vv.
[Architecture of the houses of Nukha in the 18-19th centuries]. News of the Institute of Theory
and Architecture of Academy of Architecture of SSSR, Moscow, 1944, issue 4, pp. 36-52.
- Hajiyeva S.X. Istoricheskaja levoberezhnaja Kavkazskaja Albanija - severo-zapadnyj region
Azerbajdzhanskoj Respubliki [Historical left-side Caucasian Albania - the north-western region
of Azerbaijan Republic]. Baku, 2011, 254p.
- Dadashev S.A., Useynov M.A.Arhitektura Azerbajdzhana III-XIX vv. [Architecture of Azerbaijan
in the 3-19th centuries]. Moscow, 1948, 95p.
- Kadjar Chingiz. Staraja Shusha [Old Shusha]. Baku, 2007, 344p.
- Mammadova G.H., Abdullayev T.A., Hajiyeva S.X., Agamalieva E. Arhitekturnye pamjatniki
Sheki [Architectural monuments of Sheki]. Baku, 2003, 46p.
- Miklashevskaya N.M. Arhitektura Azerbajdzhana (ocherki) [Architecture of Azerbaijan
(sketches)]. Baku, 1952, pp.467-557.
- Rovshan I. Inter’er zhilyh domov goroda Sheki (konec XVIII-nachalo XX vv) [Interior of the
houses of Sheki (end of the 18th-beginning of the 20th centuries)]. Baku, 2008, 150p.
- Useynov M.A., Bretanitskiy L.S., Salamzade A.B. Istorija arhitektury Azerbajdzhana [History of
architecture of Azerbaijan]. Moscow, 1963, 396p.