ARCHITECTURE AND MODERN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
INTERNATIONAL ELECTRONIC SCIENTIFIC - EDUCATIONAL JOURNAL ON SCIENTIFIC-TECHNOLOGICAL AND EDUCATIONAL-METHODICAL ASPECTS OF MODERN ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION AND DESIGNING WITH THE USAGE OF VIDEO AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES
General rules for reviewing the papers
- An paper will be reviewed only when certain requirements considering original author’s papers are observed and all the supporting documents are enclosed.
- The editorial board decides if the papers meets the profile of the AMIT journal and its requirements to the appearance. In seven days’ time the executive secretary sends the author an e-mail informing them that the papers and all the necessary documents have been received, and forwards the papers for reviewing to the two of MArchI experts who specialize in the same field (an internal review). The papers can also be sent to an independent expert (an external review).
- Reviewing is obligatory for all the papers that are published in the AMIT journal.
- Forms of reviews:
- a review in the AMIT journal (2 reviews)
- according to the editorial board’s decision (if there are reasons for this procedure) the paper can be sent to an independent reviewer.
- The terms of reviewing are defined specifically for every single case in order to publish it as soon as possible.
- The criteria for reviewing are:
- the contents of the paper should meet the subject announced in its title
- the paper should be in line with the latest scientific and technical achievements
- the paper should be comprehensible for its supposed reader; written in intelligible language, with logically organized material and clear schemes, pictures and formulae
- the advantages and shortcomings of the paper are specified, as well as what kind of revisions should be made by the author if necessary
- advisability of the paper: “recommended for publication”, “recommended for publication with necessary revisions made”, “not recommended for publication”
- The reviews are validated according to the rules of the organization where the reviewer works.
- The reviews are sent to the authors by e-mail.
- If the paper is not recommended for publication the editorial board informs the author. At the author’s request the editorial board can also send a detailed explanation of why the paper was denied with the reasons listed.
- In case the paper was not recommended for publication it is not reviewed again.
- Positive reviews are not considered enough ground for the publication of the paper; the final decision is made by the editorial board.
- After the editorial board announces that the paper is recommended for publication the executive secretary informs the author and specifies the date of the publication.
- The originals of the reviews are stored in the editorial office of the AMIT journal for 5 years since the paper was published.